About Me

My photo
A lifelong student of dance, yoga and movement, I have trained extensively in ballet, modern, jazz and hip hop. I hold a MSN as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (family nurse practitioner) and is a certified yoga teacher (CYT-200) through Lotus Gardens Yoga school. I'm dually certified by Fat Chance Belly Dance's American Tribal Style teacher creatrix, Carolena Nericcio,in General Skills and as a certified Teacher in American Tribal Style belly dance,& is a Sister Studio of Fat Chance Belly Dance. Wife to wonderful a hubby, mommy to Ari, and our German Shepherd Meka and tortie-cat, FootFoot. www.celadontribal.com www.joysyoga.com

Friday, March 18, 2011

Bonny on an early Spring Day.

Moon Phases and Moon Magic for Witches Pagans, Magical Moon corraspondance, Astrology, Astronomy, Full Moon, New Moon, Moon lore, Herbal Spells, Astral candles, Darkside of the moon, Moon garden for witchcraft.: "The child that is born on the Sabbath day
is bonny and blithe and good and gay.'"

Interesting... Wonder if my folks knew that when they named me. They say that when I was born there was no other name that they could've named me. Obligatory parental compliments or truth? Whatever, I'll take it.

Yesterday I noticed something very different in myself that did me proud. The weather was phenomenal, 75 degrees! Bluebird skies,...gorgeous! Sweet breezes swept through the car's moon roof, and made Meka's ears slip back onto her head in the way back. Ari sipped in the delicious air and cooed along to the radio with me. Sooper sweet. Honey.

Driving along the curvy, hilly and often intimidating narrow roadways of Connecticut, cars driven my young bucks and does careened close to me, often haphazardly. Those who have known me for some time know of my tendencies to be lead footed in the car, and up until recently drove, no... dashed about in a beautifully zoomy manual transmission Subaru Impreza wagon. When I was pregnant with Ari, we relinquished my high mile-having Subie Stella for a larger car/go. I drive a Rav4 now... Roxie the Redd. I *know* it's the Anti-Minivan for Momma's, yet... it is. The red can only camouflage so much! It is an automatic, and even though it has some manual downshifting into lower gears which is helpful for the huge downhills near my home, they don't do dink for the required acceleration bursts needed for merging onto the Parkway, which Stella handled masterfully. But I digress.

Sharing the roadways and noting the Springtime mechanical chutzpah of the automated youth on our route revealed what the warm, sweet air elicited in me. It was no longer the fiery, accelerator stomping Joy, with the Jacks screaming along on the CD player, American Spirit smoking out the wide, wide windows.
It was a calmer, sweeter Joy. I felt very spacious, and instead of having a gut reaction to speed up, zoom out and go crazy, man, I had ease. I spread. Like warm honey. And I smiled. Blithely, Bonny. Heh, Red is my new Black, er Blue? Ari's my new co-pilot? It helps he has great taste in music.

No comments:

Post a Comment